Did you know that more than 40% of Americans have myopia, a condition commonly known as being nearsighted? That number is increasing rapidly, especially among school-aged children. Today, 1 in 4 parents have a child with myopia, about three quarters of which were diagnosed between the ages of 3 and 12. The reason for this escalation has been linked to two factors:
- Genetics: Family history plays a role in your child’s risk of myopia. The likelihood of children developing nearsightedness increases if their parents have myopia
- Lifestyle: Research shows that modern lifestyles– including less time outdoors, poor lighting environments and more time on digital devices may also influence the development of myopia.
Not just a clinical term for nearsightedness, myopia progression has been linked to more severe sight-threatening complications later in life, including retinal detachment, myopic maculopathy, glaucoma, and cataracts.
Dr. Higley and the team at EyeWorks are here to help with a clinically proven way to both correct vision and slow the progression of myopia in children. Brilliant Futures™, an innovative Myopia Management Program built around MiSight ® 1 day contact lenses, is the first and only contact lens FDA-approved to slow the progression of myopia in children aged 8-12 at the initiation of treatment. This program may provide a wide-range of benefits for you and your child including:
- Potentially slowing myopia progression
- Offering a comfortable wearing experience
- Accomodating a more active lifestyle
- An annual supply of MiSight 1 day disposable contact lenses
- Automatic and free shipping of lenses, including prescription changes
- Program transparency; office visits outlined for the entire year
- Access to online support tools
- A mobile app with education resources and appointment reminders
We look forward to discussing whether Brilliant Futures would benefit your child. Please call us at 603.352.7803 or click below to schedule an appointment for an eye exam and evaluation.
MiSight and Brilliant Futures are registered trademarks of Cooper Companies, Inc. and its subsidiaries. @2021 CopperVision.