COVID Update 6/7/21
Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, we have incorporated the best practices and created new routines to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. While the numbers of cases and the variants of the virus continue to evolve, we remain committed to keeping our patients and team healthy. To set you at ease, we would like you to be aware that we are adhering to CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
Here are some of the measures we are taking:
- In order to maintain social distancing standards, all services (optical and clinical) are by appointment only.
- Masks help protect patients and providers whether you are vaccinated or not. Per the CDC, the new masking recommendations do not apply in health care settings. Masks are still required at all times to receive service.
- We are screening all patients and employees for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entry to our office. Please call when you arrive at our office so we may start the screening process.
- If you have traveled internationally in the 10 days leading up to your appointment, please call us at least 1 day prior to your appointment to ensure we can see you at your scheduled date and time.
- Surface disinfectants and regular cleaning ensure our office is ready for your visit
- Exam rooms and equipment are disinfected between every patient. Protective barriers have been installed in the exam rooms and at our front desk.
- Our staff is fully vaccinated.
- We have installed air-purifiers which meet or exceed the recommended requirements in all exam rooms and common areas.
- We train regularly on the topic of infection control and continually look for ways to improve.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
Dr. Barton Higley and the team at EyeWorks
For the latest updates and good news from us, follow us on Facebook!